Proudly continuing the tradition of giving back to our service men and women overseas, Assembly Minority Leader Brian M. Kolb (R,C,I-Canandaigua) is pleased to announce the beginning of the annual Holiday Drive for the Troops. Leader Kolb will once again work in tandem with State Senator Mike Nozzolio and Assemblymen Robert C. Oaks (R,C-Macedon), Gary D. Finch (R,C,I-Springport), Mark Johns (R,C,I-Webster) and Phil Palmesano (R,C,I-Corning) to collect items to be sent to troops deployed this holiday season.
“Participating in the annual Holiday Drive for the Troops is an opportunity to show our gratitude to the brave men and women who stand on the frontlines protecting our freedoms,” said Leader Kolb. “The items donated provide a small reminder of home for the holiday season and can help make the holidays a little more enjoyable for those spending them so far away from families and loved ones.”
Nonperishable items such as snacks, gum, hard candy, instant coffee and dry-mix beverages such as iced tea and lemonade can be dropped off at the following locations:
- Assemblyman Kolb’s Office - 607 W. Washington Street, Suite 2, Geneva;
- Senator Nozzolio’s Office - 119 Fall Street, Seneca Falls;
- Assemblyman Oaks’ Office - 10 Leach Road, Lyons;
- Assemblyman Finch’s Office - 69 South Street, Auburn;
- Assemblyman Johns' Office - 268 Fairport Village Landing, Fairport;
- Assemblyman Palmesano’s Office - 105 East Steuben Street, Bath;
- Supervisor Ron Nesbitt’s Office - 1000 Ridge Road, Webster.
Other personal items such as DVDs, stationery, pens and small articles of clothing like hats or socks are also welcome. Items can be dropped off through December 14th when they will be sent overseas.
“As the proud father, son, brother and uncle of veterans, I have a profound appreciation for the difficulties facing our military service members and therefore, supporting our courageous men and women will always be a top priority,” said Leader Kolb. “Sending a care package full of various comforts of home is an easy way to say ‘thank you’ this holiday season.”